ABC and LBC
Aberdeen and Lothian Birth Cohorts – Scottish Brain Image Bank
Study website: www.abdn.ac.uk/aberdeen-birth-cohort/
Organization website: www.abdn.ac.uk
Study population size: ABC: 653 participants, LBC: 729 participants
Study population: healthy participants, 65-75 years old
Imaging modality 1: MRI – Brain MRI
- Leaper SA, et al. Neuropsychologic correlates of brain white matter lesions depicted on MR images: 1921 Aberdeen Birth Cohort. Radiology, 2001.
- Staff RT, et al. What provides cerebral reserve? Brain, 2004.
- Murray AD, et al. Brain white matter hyperintensities: relative importance of vascular risk factors in nondemented elderly people. Radiology, 2005.
- Staff RT, et al. Brain volume and survival from age 78 to 85: the contribution of Alzheimer-type magnetic resonance imaging findings. J Am Geriatr Soc, 2010.
Spinal MR study
Study website: n.a.
Organization website: www2.warwick.ac.uk
Study population size: 25000 participants
Study population: patients referred for back pain
Imaging modality 1: MRI – Spinal MR
Key publications: not yet available.
Study website: www.ukbiobank.ac.uk
Organization website: www.ctsu.ac.uk
Study population size: 500000 participants
Study population: healthy participants, 40-69 years old
Imaging modality 1: MRI – Cardiac and abdominal MR
Imaging modality 2: Ultrasound – Carotid
- Allen N, et al. UK Biobank: Current status and what it means for epidemiology. Health Policy and Technology, 2012.
- UK Biobank. UK Biobank: rationale, design and development of a large-scale prospective resource, 〈http://www.ukbiobank.ac.uk/resources/〉
- Murray AD, et al. The UK Biobank sample handling and storage protocol for the collection, processing and archiving of human blood an urine. Int J Epidemiol, 2008.