The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study
Study website: www.vanha.med.utu.fi/cardio/youngfinnsstudy/
Organization website: www.med.utu.fi/en/
Study population size: 3596 participants
Study population: young healthy population, aged 3 – 18 years at baseline
Imaging modality 1: ultrasound – carotid-IMT, carotid elasticity, brachial flow-mediated dilation
- Åkerblom HK, Viikari J, et al. Atherosclerosis precursors in Finnish children and adolescents. I. General description of the cross-sectional study of 1980, and an account of the children’s and families’ state of health. Acta Paed Scand, 1985.
- Åkerblom HK, Viikari J, et al. Atherosclerosis precursors in Finnish children and adolescents. Ped Prev Soc, 1985.
- Åkerblom HK, Viikari J, et al. Cardiovascular risk in young Finns, results from the second follow-up study. Ann Med, 1989.
- Virkola K, Pesonen E, et al. Cholesterol and carotid artery wall in children and adolescents with familial hypercholesterolaemia: A controlled study by ultrasound. Acta Paediatr, 1997.
- Raiko JR, Magnussen CG, et al. Tracking of Noninvasive Ultrasound Measurements of Subclinical Atherosclerosis in Adulthood: Findings from the Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study.Ultrasound Med Biol, 2010.